Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just a routine drive home

Today the plan was to simply drive east back home. In the middle of Iowa plans changed as some storms developed. We drove through a really intense rain shaft which had dropped hail earlier, but we did not experience any hail. After that intercept we stopped at Outback Steakhouse for our first sit down meal of the trip. This was a nice time to relax with the group and have a final night of bonding.

Tomorrow we should be back home by noon and all go our separate ways.

I wish I could stay out here for the rest of the summer, but work and making money takes a priority. I am looking forward to my time as a SCEP in Indy this summer. I am excited for everything I will learn.

On another note, Vortex 2 collected some really good data on a supercell which dropped 3 tornadoes today. That is really good for the science of meteorology and hopefully the data will help us learn the keys to tornadogenesis.

Hopefully there will be opportunities to chase this summer while I am working in indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment